Conditions: Upper 40's (felt colder) and rain, rain, rain
Cover type: Thick grass
TL: 9:50am TR: Can't recall exact time but was a little over 1.5 hours
Track: Article Track (8 articles - it was going to be 10 so a few of the articles ended up being slightly different that my 'main' 7, but they were in the same family of article type)
Length: Approx 250 yards (was meant to be 300 but I ran out of room - turned out to probably be a good thing, because I could tell she was getting tired towards the end) (3 legs - last two were short)
Pattern: Article every 30 yards, S5, walk a 2-3 steps, food for two steps; begin next 30 yard set; repeat "re-start" pattern after each article
Articles:
1. Start - washcloth
2. Wallet
3. Green leather glove
4. Umbrella holder (only article that was a different material from the article type I'd been using)
5. Blue canvas/suede glove
6. Gray sock
O-R turn - initially was headed toward RTV tracks and I followed that but Mila found the turn and the correct track (short track)
7. Brown leather glove (on next turn - also O-R turn)
Short track - this track ran near the woods and the ATV tracks - Mila really wanted to check out the edge of the woods so we let her. Both Judi and I felt it was fairly likely that she was going to return to the track but in the midst of her checking it out dogs starting barking in the distance and there were some other noises so then it because a distraction. Judi had me take a few steps back and then Mila returned to me and waited next to me a bit and then resumed tracking (I stepped with her at first indication of movement down track). The rest of all the tracking was strong tracking.
8. Brown knit glove
No comments:
Post a Comment