Friday, November 29, 2024

November 23, 2024 (Saturday) - Emmanuel

Nov 23, 2024 - semi-new location this was our second time here - Permission-based location. 

There's a church and other buildings close by - several vans were getting washed by car washers near the buildings. There's a play ground (luckily no kids) and in the larger field there's a big garden plot. Except for the car washers, there wasn't a lot of noise distractions.

61oF, part sun, windy, H:34%

Two tracks - 

Track 1 was a shorter version of the article track - I ended up only having room for 6 articles. W25FD,W15A,W10FD,W15A, etc

  • Goal - Articles
  • Aged about an hour.  
  • I tried one of those chest mounted cameras and found that far too distracting so will work with that later.
  • Indication seems to be fading.  This is not a new problem.  I have to be careful not to make an issue over the downing as it becomes aversive and she will start to "shun" the articles...

Track 2 

  • Goal - was more to try out a different area with what I had hoped would be a reinforcing track with mixed cover of short grass, dirt patches, exposed roots. 
  • Aged a little over an hour. 
  • Mostly good, but the turn seemed to have more questions than I anticipated. I had placed an article about 20 steps after the turn for reinforcement.


 

2 comments:

  1. On the track at the church, without making up stories, can you look at where she had difficulty and identify a scenting challenge? Can you tell us a way to set that challenge up in other locations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Challenges for her on the article track - base of pine tree where dropped needles had been used for mulch. I could return to that area and have the track run by that tree and others that had same set up but that the track didn't go by.
      Challenges on the one turn track - grass to dirt and dirt patches in general - this is easy to replicate in areas like Bryan park or a couple other locations I sometime practice in.

      Delete

March14, 2025 (Friday) @ VGL (TDX style practice track)

  Goal - work on elements of TDX style track particularly bouncing off, working alongside, and entering the woods. Things I liked:  Mila...