Friday, November 15, 2024

November 11, 2024 (Friday) - Emmanuel - Just get started already

 I have been a truant blogger...I did outings last winter and spring, but didn't manage to get them posted. At some point I will try to do...I have all the maps in my tracking binder thing.  

Regardless, since had not done anything (other than a few article games around the house), I decided I needed to just get out there and do a quick, easy track to get our feet wet again so to speak.  Plus, I had gotten permission to use a new site and I wanted to try it out.

S5W15*9/10 - * was either two food drops, an article (no food in article), or more scuffs

 Cover - wet, green grass & pine needles
 55degrees, partly sunny/cloudy; H: 88%
TL: 3:30pm TR: 4:15pm
 
This was a brand new site, w/ kids playing on the playground about 100 yards away and a fair bit of traffic noise.  Since we hadn't been out in a while, I kept this young and short to increase success.  Initial start forward-going, then did some smellploration.  After that, kept a moderate tracking pace. "Ignored" food drop on leg 2. Did okay with articles (had to verbal cue the down). Started strong after article on leg three.  I did not like my handling...too much guidance with my body. 



1 comment:

  1. hooray for just getting out there! i wouldn't worry about publishing/posting the earlier ones. look forward, not back! your time is better spent outside on a track than revisiting tracks from feb 2024.

    ReplyDelete

March14, 2025 (Friday) @ VGL (TDX style practice track)

  Goal - work on elements of TDX style track particularly bouncing off, working alongside, and entering the woods. Things I liked:  Mila...