Thursday, March 23, 2023

March 19, 2023 - Old Field - Training the Environment

Focus was mainly me practicing "training the environment" (so to speak) strategies while Mila tracked.

I did DB and/or TT at end of each track (after article indication/reward for that). 

Repeated pattern of some scuff; food; all scuff to see if I got the same as March 15 (and overall did, though the food track was a bit stronger than what we saw  March 15).

Track 1 (scuff, no food) - she had a moment where an electrical box scairt 😂her after a strong start.  I did two LAT...the first look back was weak, so I got closer to her for second LAT and the TT back to the track and she resumed relatively nicely.  At the turn she wanted to go smellsplorationing so I did an LAT (slightly better than initial ones) to get her back to work (not this was not LOS at the turn; well it may have started as such, but then it turned into these are smells over here that I'd like to hang out and smell for a while).

Track 2 (food) - she kept wanting to drift left (something caught her nose) so I did LAT twice - 1st LAT - returned, tracked a step or two, drifted again so 2nd LAT - returned and continued tracking.

Track 3 (100% scuffed) - No LATs needed; this was her strongest track; she wanted to keep going at end article

 Note: Tracks were spaced much further apart than what is drawn.



 
Image below taken close to parking lot
Image below taken at end opposite of parking lot:

 

1 comment:

March14, 2025 (Friday) @ VGL (TDX style practice track)

  Goal - work on elements of TDX style track particularly bouncing off, working alongside, and entering the woods. Things I liked:  Mila...