Location: The Overtons
Ground Cover: grass
Track Layers: Tracks 1 & 2 - Leigh; Track 3 & 4 - Kelly
Conditions - Cool, Sunny (Temps ranged from low 30's for 1 & 2; 38 for 3 & 4)
Starts - 4 starts, to run at 30, 60, 120, 150". 50x50. NO SCUFF, NO FOOD on first. Scuff start & out of turn only, one food drop on second leg, on second start. Scuff start, and into and out of turn on third track, with one food drop on each leg. Last track, scuff start, food at 20, scuff again at 30, food at 40, scuff turn, food at 15, scuff at 20, food at 30, walk to article.
Tracks 1 & 2 (no food in articles) - Map + Videos; Tracks 3 & Track 4 - Judi was there
Track 1 - slow start, then after a 'where's your track' she was off nicely...nice turn, good article indication
Track 2 - incessant dog barking at Mila really caused issues. I used verbal cuing to get her through, but in retrospect, not sure this was a good decision (particularly in light of Judi's observation for Track 4 - possibly Mila is waiting for me to cue her to take the "right" track?). You might not be able to hear the dog barking initially (it's barking when you first hear Mila bark), but it's a little dog bark that's nonstop... I initially tried not to say anything to her and let her work it out, but that didn't really work out, so I had start to verbally cue her to keep going. Also, Mila indicates one of Leigh's ground clips so I treated it like an article. After the turn, I stayed much closer to her to help support and likely cued with my body some too.


No comments:
Post a Comment