Conditions: 60F, sunny, windy (cooled off some when ran and got cloudier)
Cover type: nice grass with some older spread manure/shavings
Overall Track: One turn (OL - SinSout) ~195 to 200 yards
TL: 2:21pm TR: 4:01pm
Note: Track was originally laid on 1/5/2023 @7:53am when conditions were very wet grass, 51F, cloudy. Folks came to use the facility for intended purpose while it was aging and did not leave by the time the track was already a bit more than 2 hours. I had to get to work and wouldn't have been able to return until about 1pm and only had about a 45 min window to run the track before going out of town - sooo, had re-walk and run track today.
Articles (8 total: *=no food): 1. leather piece (start); 2. brown knit glove; 3. green leather glove; 4. wallet; 5. bandana; 6. canvas glove*; 7. orange-ish leather glove; 8. bandana (end)
I replicated what we did in class Dec 3, 2022, with the "re-starts" after articles - except my walking steps were 20 (for some reason I thought it was 20 not 30 or I would have done 30).
Nicely indicated all but wallet (not sure what happened there - she did get a bit distracted towards the right of the track for a few steps, but I was surprised the wallet didn't "pull" her back towards the track). She did return strongly to the leg, but it was after she passed the wallet. Unfortunately, I didn't see it soon enough to call her back. QUESTION to remember to ask Judi (and I think I've asked it before) - at what point do you abandon the notion of calling them back to the article?
Overall tracking behavior - not the strongest start (she wanted to smell around a bit) but once she got going it was strong tracking. Shortly after article 5; someone showed up to drag warmup ring 2 (about 50 yards from our track 😂) - she barked when they got out of the truck and since I did not want to draw too much attention to us (and I knew folks were behind grandstand and the trailers); I did move her down the line about 5 yards and she went right back to tracking. I was pleased to see she did not allow the distraction to break down her tracking and that the next article w/out food was indicated.
Wood's entry had a few brambles - she didn't seek along the edges but she did pause for a bit contemplating the cruelty of fate that had brought her to another "rough" entry (at least Mila's version of rough 😂).
Note about map - the start was actually much closer to the other end of the warmup ring.
.jpg)
It's kinda funny when I know precisely where your track went.... DRH might be one of the best places for you to train. My dogs have always found it difficult there, yet they work through the challenges and come out stronger. My favorite was to go between the 2 rows of stalls, but they took on barn down so that option isn't there anymore. Good stuff out by the PC ring (old XC jumps you can use), and around the remaining barns.
ReplyDelete